Sweet Infatuations

[Tuesday, May 11, 2010]

food for the sick



Crack pepper Beef patty clad with cheddar cheese

Ingredients:

· I medium size egg

· ½ a cup of breadcrumbs

· 1 Tbsp kosher salt

· 1/2 Tbsp Pepper

· 1 tsp olive oil

· 1 Tbsp chilli flakes

· 25g of Crack pepper cheese

· 1 ½ pound ground beef

· 2 Tbsp grated Cheddar cheese

Directions:

In a big bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the pound beef, egg , chilli flakes and olive oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir to combine well so that all the breadcrumbs get slicked and spiced.

Toss in the crack pepper cheese into the mixture and mix until incorporated. Shape the patties into round balls and place the beef patties on the grill on medium heat from 5-8 minutes on each side.

Grate the cheddar cheese and serve over the beef patty.

Serves: In my case , me, myself & I teehee, 3.




Moroccanade

Living in a country that gloats tropical weather all year around, makes me wanting to fly back to Melbourne and move there permanently, but I currently don’t have that as an option, so a glass of Iced Moroccan Mint tea would suffice for the time being. While in the kitchen, I kept gazing at my father’s fresh lemons … they’ve been on the kitchen counter for a few days now, since no one was using them, I thought I’d experiment a little since 1) I was in no condition to work on my research paper 2) the lemons were practically calling out my name.. uh so yeah, now you must be thinking, she’s crazy, she thinks her lemons talks! I joke, I joke, it’s 1:42 am here in Malaysia, I’m watching Mark McEwan on AFC with my mother while I write this recipe (er, sort of, more like ranting and beating around the bush).


Okay, anyway, let’s go straight to the ingredients:

· ½ a cup of fresh peppermint & spearmint

· 1-2 tbsp of sugar (preferably brown)

· 4 teabags of Dilmah’s Moroccan Mint tea (or any Moroccan Mint tea of your choice)

· 3 cups of water

· 4 lemon wedges from 1 lemon

, 6 tbsp of lemon juice


Place the teabags in a heat-proof vessel (arrr!). Set the water to boil, just as it comes to boil, turn of the heat. Pour the hot water over the teabags and let them steep for a good 8 minutes. Removed the teabags and put aside.

In a small bowl, pick the mint leaves off their stems. Add the sugar to the mint and muddle the combination until incorporated. Pour in the tea, add the lemon juice and lemon wedges. Keep refrigerated for a good 30 minutes, but if you can’t hold on to your horses, add ice in a glass and the tea concentrate, and it is ready to serve.




2 enjoyed:

Anonymous | May 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM

These will make any sick person feel better. Can't wait for recipe.

B. Arafia | May 24, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Yeah, hopefully will post it soon, uni has been so hectic.

Post a Comment